Feature request: copy path to clipboard

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Feature request: copy path to clipboard

Post by Charles Monk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 am

Sometimes, I'm emailing someone, or making a note in the bug-tracking web and I want to tell them that I've added a file to the source code repository.

So far, I haven't found anywhere in the Fortress client GUI that lets me select and copy the folder path to the system clipboard. It's displayed in a few places, but I can't select it. I'm reduced to typing it in. If I've missed an easier way, then let me know. Otherwise, please can you consider this a feature request?

lbauer

Re: Feature request: copy path to clipboard

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:26 am

There are a number of ways to copy a path.

For a folder path, right click on the folder path just about the file list, i.e., "Contents of $/FolderA/SubfolderA/subfolder." You'll get a context menu with "Copy."

To copy a file path, right click on a file and select "Properties." Right click on the file path in File Properties to copy.

Some other places you can copy the path:

In the Email tab of the Fortress GUI Client, select a file so it's highligted. Just above the Watched Path, it will say "Click the Add button to start monitoring changes to $\yourfolder\subfolder\file.txt," for example. You can copy and paste $\yourfolder\subfolder\file.txt.

You can copy any item path in the Pending Change set or Search Results tab if you right click on the item.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Copy path.JPG
Copy path.JPG (36.42 KiB) Viewed 5963 times
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:23 pm

lbauer wrote:
<SNIP>

For a folder path, right click on the folder path just about the file list, i.e., "Contents of $/FolderA/SubfolderA/subfolder." You'll get a context menu with "Copy."

To copy a file path, right click on a file and select "Properties." Right click on the file path in File Properties to copy.

<SNIP>

Hope that helps.
Yes, these are just what I needed. Because I couldn't select/highlight the text in these places, I didn't imagine that there would be a right-click popup menu. Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Because I couldn't select/highlight the text in these places, I didn't imagine that there would be a right-click popup menu
I didn't either, until I read the spec on the feature. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:31 am

I have been typing it ever since i first use Vault. This finding is rather interesting. :idea:
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:55 pm

We've added small conveniences like this from time to time, and they don't always make it into the documentation.

Don't hesitate posting to this forum if there are things that would make your workflow more efficient. They may already exist -- or if they don't we'll log a feature request for future consideration.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear