Why cannot I delete Custom added Item Tracking Fields ?

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

emran834

Why cannot I delete Custom added Item Tracking Fields ?

Post by emran834 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Hello,
I have added a field for "Time(hours)" in the Time Estimate area and now I see that, I can only modify that added field, I cannot delete it. I am wondering why it is like this ? Although I can delete the factory shipped items but not my custom added items. Same is true for the field area "Platform". As my all projects are on Windows Platform, I want to remove the the "Unknown" field and set Windows as default. But "Unknown" field cannot be deleted. So, would you please explain me the matters about these fields.

Regards

Beth

Re: Why cannot I delete Custom added Item Tracking Fields ?

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm a little confused on where exactly you added your field. I've attached a screenshot. Did you place it in the time area on the left, or the custom area on the right?

In order for it to not have a delete button, it would need to be in the custom area on the right.

Have you logged things against that field? If not, then you can blank it out. If you have, then it's not a good idea to modify it after items have been logged against it.

I can add a feature request for the ability to completely delete a custom field. It would still require that you not have items logged against it, but you would then at least have a delete button.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

nbuckle

Post by nbuckle » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm having an issue with this as well. I really have no need for the customized fields and would like a more intuitive process of customizing the item tracking form in general.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 am

I've added your vote. Thanks for the feedback.

F: 14127
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support