Rolling back source code

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

steveng

Rolling back source code

Post by steveng » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm

How do you roll back your source code using Fortress? I had checked in some files I was working on. Now, I need to revert back to the solution I had a month ago. I'm not sure how to do this, or if its possible.

lbauer

Re: Rolling back source code

Post by lbauer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:51 pm

You can roll back individual files by right-clicking on a file, selecting Show History, selecting the version you want, right click on that version, and select Rollback.

There's not a comparable rollback function for folders, but a workaround is to right click on the parent folder of your project, and Show History, In the History Explorer dialog, select the radio button for View Folder History by Version. Select the version you want, then do a Get Tree to a non-working folder. Checkout the files of the current project, then replace them with the files from the previous version and check them back in.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rwmnau

Post by rwmnau » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Is a rollback for folders feature coming in a future version, or is that not something SG plans to support?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:02 am

We haven't ruled it out altogether, but it's a complex feature, and error prone. You can always retrieve a version of the folder from history (Show History by folder version) or from a label. Get it to a nonworking folder, check out the files in your working folder, and replace them with the contents of Get
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager