Odd behavior for admin user

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kgovert007

Odd behavior for admin user

Post by kgovert007 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:53 am

I am getting a strange error on one of our admin accounts. When I log in using the vault client and the "admin" account, then I choose one of our repositories we have set up, I get the error message - "You have no rights to view any items in this repository."

Any ideas?

The admin account can get access to all of the other repositories, and I can log in to the admin web pages also, so I am not sure what is happening here.

Beth

Re: Odd behavior for admin user

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 am

What version of Vault on you on?

You are logging in with the actual 'admin' user name or just someone who has admin rights?

Look in the admin web page under users. Select admin and click overview. Are there any repositories where it is not listed as Full Admin?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

kgovert007

Post by kgovert007 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am

version 1.1.1.18060

Yes, I am using the actual "admin" user name.

All repositories show full admin rights.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Could I have you go into your client-side cache and rename the username folder named admin? The location of the Fortress cache is almost the same as for Vault. Make sure Fortress and Visual Studio are closed before doing that.

Before opening Fortress again, go to the Fortress server and perform an iisreset by going to Start - Run and typing iisreset.

With both of those actions the caches will be cleaned out and fresh database pulled from the database.

If it continues to be a problem after these actions, then send an email to support at sourcegear.om (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support