Installing Vault and Fortress Clients Concurrently

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PHancock

Installing Vault and Fortress Clients Concurrently

Post by PHancock » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:13 pm

I currently run a Fortress Server at home and my employer runs a Vault Server. I am trying to install the latest Vault and Fortress clients on my laptop and seem unable to do so (without hacking registry entries which I haven't done yet).
Is one of the following supported?
1) Installation of both clients (Fortress 1.1.4 & Vault 4.1.4)
2) Installation of a single client with support for both Vault & Fortress servers
I can't find any reference to similar issues in your forums but I find it hard to believe that this scenario hasn't been accommodated (or even acknowledged).
One of my disappointments in your product has always been the apparent lack of support for accessing 2 different servers. I have to go through a proxy to access my server at home (upgraded from Vault) so even when I could use a single client I had to make option changes to go from one server to another.
Thanks for your assistance,
Paul

lbauer

Re: Installing Vault and Fortress Clients Concurrently

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:39 am

We do support the installation of Fortress and Vault clients on the same client machine. You can use both for IDE integration if you're using the Enhanced Client integration. If you're using the Classic Client integration, you may need to modify this key to indicate the registry path to either the Vault or the Fortress Client, depending on whether you're using Fortress or Vault at a particular time:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Re: Installing Vault and Fortress Clients Concurrently

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:03 am

Update:

One of our QA staff informed me that there is a bug in the installer for versions later than 4.1.2/1.1.2 that prevents a Vault and Fortress client from being installed on the same client machine. We have some builds that do work. Contact me offline, by emailing support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post. I'll get you a build of either Fortress or Vault that can be installed with the other product.

itemid=13808
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager