Help.... Can not add Item Tracking Projects or Fields

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmaronge

Help.... Can not add Item Tracking Projects or Fields

Post by jmaronge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:18 am

When trying to add a project I get the following error:

"Error: Could not add project."

When trying to add anyting in the Project Tracking Fields page, I get the following error:

"FailProjectPermissionDenied - The user does not have permission to perform that operation on the project. The user must be assigned permission. The operation has been cancelled."

I also get the following error when trying to add a workitem:

"Error: 547, The action can not be performed. Other items in the database depend on the value you are modifying"

FYI: I upgraded to Fortress from Vault, don't know if this caused the problems.

My user has full admin rights. Does not seem like I can do anything as far a project tracking goes. What can I do to fix this and get these projects in. I had some test projects that I was able to delete and now can not add anything back.

Thanks,

Jason

jmaronge

Re: Help.... Can not add Item Tracking Projects or Fields

Post by jmaronge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 am

I have figured out most of the issues, by resetting IIS. Thanks support. \

Now, I still cannot add a workitem. I get the following error:

"AddItem INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_items_itemstatuses'. The conflict occurred in database 'sgdragnet', table 'itemstatuses', column 'statusid"

This is a weird error considering that the AddItem webpage does not contain a Status selection.

I also cannot add a workitem throught the fortress client interface also. I hit Save and nothing happens.

here is also a bug in that you have to maximize and resize the window to even get the form to show up. I think client app needs some work. Is there going to be an update to fix it anytime soon?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Your first item sounds like you are trying to make changes to the configuration of the item tracking fields. That could cause problems if anything that is needed is removed.

Could you post a screenshot of what your Item Tracking Fields are? That will be in the Fortress web page under the Server Settings area.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jmaronge

Post by jmaronge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:59 pm

My issues have been resolved. Thanks Linda and Jeremy. :D

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler

TelmoSilva

Post by TelmoSilva » Sun May 17, 2009 5:20 pm

It would be great to know how the issue has been resolved for these forums to be of value to others. I have the same issue (unable to add an item due to a foreign key issue).

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 am

This one doesn't have a quick answer. The best thing to do is send an email to support. I posted instructions in your other thread.
Can you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? With it include the fortress.log from C:\Windows\Temp\SGFortress, and the information under Help - Technical Support that is found in a Fortress GUI client.

What version of Vault did you upgrade from?
Did you have Dragnet? If so, what version?
Beth Kieler