Server 500 error adding a work item

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tomclark

Server 500 error adding a work item

Post by tomclark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

Using the Fortress web client to add a work item to a project (as admin or any other user), I'm immediately given a 500 internal server error. There's nothing of interest in Vault's log, however the server event log contains the ASP.NET error below. Can anyone help please?

Furthermore, if I try and add a work item from Visual Studio, I get an 'index was outside the bounds of the array' error and no further.

Can someone please advise?

Kind regards,

Tom

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 19/02/2009 12:53:53
Event time (UTC): 19/02/2009 12:53:53
Event ID: 79e94764c5f64c4ea570e1095e623e4d
Event sequence: 242
Event occurrence: 10
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Fortress-3-128795173568013865
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /Fortress
Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Fortress\
Machine name: HOSTNAME

Process information:
Process ID: 3740
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: NullReferenceException
Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Request information:
Request URL:
Request path:
User host address:
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 13
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.LogMessage(DNLogEntryType let, String strMsg)
at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.DeleteSession(HttpSessionState hss, Boolean signOut)
at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.DeleteSession(HttpSessionState hss)
at Mantis.Global.Session_End(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Beth

Re: Server 500 error adding a work item

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am

Take a look at the log in C:\Windows\temp\Fortress\Fortress.log. Does it have anything logged?

Do all other functions with item tracking work? It's just that submitting is a problem?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tomclark

Post by tomclark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi Beth,

I have a logfile at C:\WINDOWS\Temp\SGFortress\fortress.log, which I'm guessing is the right one.

It has the following in it:

2009-02-19 12:53:53.286 MYHOST (10.0.0.33)-admin : Server error 500 Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at Mantis.AddEditItemControl.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm afraid we're just getting started with Fortress and work item tracking - so this is the first one. I don't know whether any other functionality is also a problem.

Regards,

Tom

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Could I have you open the page in a browser, do a Save As to save the HTML to a file, and then send it to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?

When you email, could you also send your entire sgvault.log and fortress.log as well?
Beth Kieler

tomclark

Post by tomclark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,

With Beth's help, I have resolved this issue. It appears something had gone wrong in the setup of Fortress in the first place, and it had not populated the work item tracking database correctly.

Since we were only just starting out with work item tracking, I was able to uninstall the application, completely delete the sgdragnet database from my SQL Server, and then reinstall Fortress. It recreated the sgdragnet database and populated it accordingly. Obviously this fix was only possible since we had no data in the sgdragnet database and would *not* be suitable if we had already been using work item tracking.

Regards,

Tom

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks for updating the thread.

If anyone else has this issue and has work item tracking items already in their database, please send an email to support at sourcegear.com explaining your situation and don't delete your sgdragnet database.
Beth Kieler