Padlock symbol not updating in Solution Explorer with VS.Php

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mtest11111

Padlock symbol not updating in Solution Explorer with VS.Php

Post by mtest11111 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:57 am

I'm using the following development environment under Windows Vista Business:
1. Microsoft Visual Studio 2009 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM
2. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1
3. SourceGear Fortress: client version 1.1.4.18402 & server version 1.1.4.18402
4. JCX Software VS.Php 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 version 2.5.3.4907

I recently upgraded Fortress from version 1.1.2 to the latest version but have now noticed that the source control padlock icon is not updating properly in PHP solutions.

I have simplified the steps to reproduce this behaviour as follows:
a. Go to Solution Explorer, highlight the relevant file, use the right mouse button to display the Properties menu and select 'Check Out' - symbol changes from padlock to tick
b. Select 'Undo Check Out' from the Properties menu - symbol is not updated and remains a tick
c. Close the solution, reopen it, and go to Solution Explorer - symbol has been updated from a tick to a padlock

Please note that this behaviour also occurs when editing a file containing PHP code within the project. However, the padlock symbol is updated properly when making changes to the Visual Studio solution and project files.

If I repeat steps (a)-(c) in a C# or Visual Basic .NET solution, I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour as the symbol is properly updated.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if this problem was occurring in the previous version (1.1.2) of Fortress; it might have been but maybe not as consistently.

Given that Visual Studio .NET solutions and SourceGear Fortress appear to work, I'm wondering whether the problem lies with the interaction between VS.Php and Fortress.

Any help or advice about this problem would be appreciated.

lbauer

Re: Padlock symbol not updating in Solution Explorer with VS.Php

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:21 pm

While we full test and support integration with Visual Studio, we aren't able to test all the project providers such as JCX Software VS.Php 2.5. It's possible that the interaction with Fortress is slightly different than in a standard Visual Studio project.

Do the glyphs appear when you refresh the status in Solution Explorer or under File->Fortress Source Control->Refresh Status?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mtest11111

Post by mtest11111 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:14 am

Dear Linda,

I think the problem is down to VS.Php. It has been suggested by JCX.Software that I upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 to see if that solves the matter.

The glyphs do not update properly in either Solution Explorer or with File->Fortress Source Control->Refresh Status; I hadn't noticed this menu option until you pointed it out to me. However, the padlock symbol does appear on the Tab next to the file name, when editing the file, and is updated properly. Interestingly, the symbol for the project and solution files are updated properly in Solution Explorer but not the source code files.

Thanks,

Meirion

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 am

Let us know if upgrading doesn't help. If you experience the same thing, I'll log a work item to look into this from our end.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager