Check out failed: Could not get requested version of objec

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ajj3085

Check out failed: Could not get requested version of objec

Post by ajj3085 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 am

Hi,

I'm having an error checking out a file. The error is Check out failed: Could not get requested version of object.

The remote version in Fortress client shows 11, the local version 10. If I view history though, there is no version 11. This database was restored from a backup, but there's no indication that it was corrupt.

Any ideas?

lbauer

Re: Check out failed: Could not get requested version of objec

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 am

If you restored the database from a backup, your local cache files may be out of sync.

More information on the cache can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Make sure both Vault client and Visual Studio are closed when you do this.

A. If users wish to keep their current working folders, follow these steps:

a. If you have multiple repositories, you need to know the GUID (long ID number for the repository) for the repository cache. Run the following query against the sgvault database to get a list of all the GUIDs and the repository they belond to.
Use sgvault
Go
Select * from dbo.tblrepositories

b. Once you know the GUID, you'll find the cache at this location:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\{repository-guid}\{vaultuser}\ on your local computer. You will see files that start with CacheMember and a folder called _sgvault.

c. Delete the _sgvault folder and then delete all the Cache Members except for
CacheMember_WorkingFolderAssignments and CacheMember_ChangeSetItems (this is for add, deletes, moves, shares, and branches that are pending).

--OR --

B. Delete the entire Vault_1 folder. This requires resetting working folders afterwards. The cache is located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1. You will need to reopen Vault to perform a Get without overwrite (merge later) to get the cache rebuilt and statuses reset.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:08 am

I deleted the entire cache, but still have this problem.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Try try deleting the cache again and restarting IIS before trying to connect with a client again. The Vault Server has a cache as well and restarting IIS will flush it. If that doesn't resolve the problem, We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log. The Vault server log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. Send the log zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:57 am

Hi,

It looks like it's working now. Checkout is functioning, so I can check in my changes that were lost when the server died.

Thanks!
Andy

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:04 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear