Hiding "SourceCode Control" tab for web only testers

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

joshbaltzell

Hiding "SourceCode Control" tab for web only testers

Post by joshbaltzell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:54 pm

I have no desire to display source code to our testing staff, so I would not like them to default to the "SourceCode Control" tab when they log in. Is there some way to make the tab not display for those users?

lbauer

Re: Hiding "SourceCode Control" tab for web only testers

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:03 pm

You can't hide the Source Control tab, but if users have no access to Source Control, they will see just the word Repositores and a blank page.

This setting is in the Admin Web Client under Source Control Repositories->(Repository name)->Repository Access. Set rights for item tracking-only users to "No Access."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 am

joshbaltzell wrote:...I would not like them to default to the "SourceCode Control" tab when they log in...
This is an interesting statement because on our installation of Fortress, the users default to the Item tracking tab when they login and I did not configure anything special for that. Perhaps your team is going to a different initial URL. I direct all of our users to http://OurFortressServer/Fortress/Default.aspx.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks for your suggestion. That URL is not well documented, but yes, that works. Also just http://YourFortressServer/Fortress.

Users will still see the Source Control tab, but at least they're landing on the Item Tracking first.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager