File doubly checked out

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

alex.barry

File doubly checked out

Post by alex.barry » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:43 am

I have Fortress 1.1.14 client and server installed. In one particular folder, when I check out one specific file, it gets listed twice in the pending change set. I am not aware of any other files that this happens on. When it comes time to check in, the file will be listed twice in the check in set. If I uncheck one of the instances, the check-in succeeds. Otherwise, the check in set will be rejected. I tried purging my local file cache, but it did not help. How can I fix this?

Beth

Re: File doubly checked out

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:22 am

What version of Visual Studio are you using? What client is listed under VS Tools - Options - Source Control?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

alex.barry

Post by alex.barry » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 am

This file, and the folder hierarchy it is in, are not Visual Studio files. FWIW, they are C++ files of a DSP compiled in TI Code Composer Studio. I do have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed on the machine, using the enhanced client. I do not believe that any files in this folder were checked out or in using anything but the standalone Fortress client.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am

Where are you performing the checkout? From inside of the Fortress GUI client or somewhere else?
Beth Kieler

alex.barry

Post by alex.barry » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:38 am

I am performing the check-out from the Fortress client.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Can you confirm the Fortress version for me? Is that supposed to be 1.1.1 or 1.1.4?

Go to the Fortress admin web page, click the link for the repository you are in, then click the undo check-out link. If you have everything checked in according to your client, do you still see check-outs there?
Beth Kieler

alex.barry

Post by alex.barry » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:28 pm

I see version 1.1.4 (18402) on the help->about screen. I'm not sure about doing the undo check out on the whole repository. I have users with a lot of checked out files. If I undo check out on the whole repository, I'll probably create a lot of problems right now. I may be able to give it a try in a few days.

I have tried using undo check-out from the client, and it does not have the same issue as the check in. Undo check out will proceed and undo both duplicate items in the pending change list. After this, the check out still creates a duplicate item.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I don't want you to perform an undo check out on the entire repository either. What I want to know is if anything that you are showing as checked in is showing up in the Undo Check-Out area in the admin web page. Just know if it's there or not will tell me a little more.
Beth Kieler

alex.barry

Post by alex.barry » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 am

It did indeed show up on the checked out list, even though the client thought it was checked in. I undid the check out from the admin page, and the file seems to be behaving normally now. I have never used the undo check out admin page, and wasn't sure if it was going to cause any problems. Anyway, thank you for the help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you're working again.
Beth Kieler