checked in file history, more info needed

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gcastillo6

checked in file history, more info needed

Post by gcastillo6 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Is there a way to find more information on the history of checked in files inside fortress. I would like to see what ticket numbers a particular file has been associate with. I know through the fortress item tracking website I can view which files are associated with a ticket but is there a way to do the reverse lookup and find out the previous/current ticket that a file is associated with.

lbauer

Re: checked in file history, more info needed

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Yes, there's a way to see Item information that was associated with a checkin.

When you do a checkin, and update bugs, browse to the bug in Fortress and check the bug numbers of the bugs you wish to associate with the checkin. Fortress will automatically add a Change Set Comment with the bug numbers and their descriptions that may look like this:

Code: Select all

Item:1 - Error code reports false "success"
Item:5 - Send buttong doesn't work
You can see the change set comment in the file or folder history. If you double click on the history line, you'll see the version details with the Change Set Comment and links to the items.

If you don't browse to bugs, you would need to enter this information manually in the Change Set Comment.
Attachments
Checkinwbugs.gif
Checkinwbugs.gif (33.42 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
Bugdetails.gif
Bugdetails.gif (30.14 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 am

Linda,

In the situation where the developer just typed in the bug number and did not add anything to the comments to point to the item, is there anything behind the scenes (in the database?) that I as the DBA could directly query in order to discover the related items?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:32 am

We may be able to provide a query to do what you need.

Email support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager