Unable to Update Bugs with Added Files

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

markdiaper

Unable to Update Bugs with Added Files

Post by markdiaper » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 am

Fortress allows you to update a Bug upon check in of an already existing file, but the same option doesn't seem to exist when adding a new file.

Is there any of way updating a Bug with the new files added?

lbauer

Re: Unable to Update Bugs with Added Files

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 am

We have feature request 14134 logged for this functionality; I'll add your vote.

In the meantime here's a possible workaround. Before you add any files/folders, turn off Auto-Commit in the Vault Client. This setting is under Tools->Options->Concurrent Development Style.

Now the "Adds" will be in the pending change set and you can commit them just as you commit the modified files, and update bugs on checkin.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Please add my vote as well.

And if it is not this far reaching, I would also request that any changes to the source code repository be link-able to Items (renaming files/folders, and creation of folders come to mind as other actions not currently logged against Items).

Another "work-around" I use since I do not always have changed files to commit along with new files, is to manually enter the "item:____" syntax in my comment so that I at leas have a reference from source code to Item even though that does not cause a check-in comment on the item itself. Note that I always work with auto-commit turned off so I can catch things like this.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks for your comments. I'll add them to the feature request
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

markdiaper

Post by markdiaper » Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully the feature request will make its way into a release soon. In the mean time I will use the workaround.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. This was my first post and I hadn't checked the "notify me when a reply is posted", so hadn't got any replies. :D

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 08, 2009 3:02 pm

No problem. We do have it logged and will consider the feature for a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear