Error: 547 when adding a new item

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

TelmoSilva

Error: 547 when adding a new item

Post by TelmoSilva » Sun May 17, 2009 5:02 pm

I have just recently upgraded from Vault to Fortress (FortressServer64_1_1_4_18402) 64bit on Windows 2008, SQL Server 2008.

The upgrade was not smooth due to the registry issue (Wow6432Node was in fact an empty node). Also, supplying a local user name (i.e. VaultUser) which exists on the machine, not work when attempting to login to SQL Server using that user since it is missing the machine or domain name. However, I need to keep the user running the IIS process without the machine name since it is a common user for other machines and I need the Shadow service to use it. I hate having to modify the Shadow's web.config for this.

Also I would have to agree with another customer who has pointed out the lack of documentation on properly setting up projects, items, categories, etc. I am still not sure if I am ideally configured or not and that brings me to my issue.

Regardless of how I attempt to create an item inside a project the error "Error: 547, The action can not be performed. Other items in the database depend on the value you are modifying" appears each and every time.

The log has this to say: "Helpers::AddItem The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "fk_items_itemstatuses". The conflict occurred in database "sgdragnet", table "dbo.itemstatuses", column 'statusid'. The statement has been terminated. ..."

The main reason I purchased the product was also for its tight integration with Visual Studio (2008). I am unable to duplicate the screen shots you have on Fortress, i.e. I am unable to open Projects in Visual Studio and have no documentation on how to do so.

Thanks to sweet talkin John O'Neil and your awsome email campaign I bought the product. Now lets see if it works! Any (quick) help is greatly appreciated.

Telmo

Beth

Re: Error: 547 when adding a new item

Post by Beth » Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 am

Can you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? With it include the fortress.log from C:\Windows\Temp\SGFortress, and the information under Help - Technical Support that is found in a Fortress GUI client.

What version of Vault did you upgrade from?
Did you have Dragnet? If so, what version?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Re: Error: 547 when adding a new item

Post by Beth » Mon May 18, 2009 12:41 pm

We worked on this issue offline. After the user installed, there were no entries listed under the Item Tracking Fields in the Fortress Admin web page. To resolve this:
1) Backup the Fortress database,
2) Uninstall Fortress but choose to keep the database (this keeps sgvault, sgmaster, and sgdragnet),
3) Delete the sgdragnet database, and
4) Install Fortress choosing to keep the database.

For future users who see this solution, this is only good if no tasks or bugs have been entered yet. If you run into this and your database has data, then email support for alternative solutions.

HS: 216051
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support