Fortress Enhanced Client - changes

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BigBrett

Fortress Enhanced Client - changes

Post by BigBrett » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:29 am

Having just upgraded to Fortress 2, we decided to change from using the standard client to the enhanced client in order to use Shelving. There are however some things we would like to see changed:

1. On checkout the focus is automatically in the comments section of the checkout dialog which consumes any Enter key press. Focus should be on the OK button so we can just press Enter to keep on going rather than tabbing to or clicking on the OK button. We normally don't enter any checkout comment but, for those who do, it might be better to have a selectable option for this.

2. The enhanced client toolbar lacks a button to open the GUI client. This appeared on the standard client toolbar. I'm not sure if I can customise the toolbar and add the button from the standard client, so I would prefer that it was part of the toolbar normally.

There will probably be more things as time goes on, this is enough to get started with.

Cheers,
Brett

ian_sg

Re: Fortress Enhanced Client - changes

Post by ian_sg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 am

#1 is deliberate. Note that CTRL-Enter from that field is equivalent to clicking OK.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear