Problems retrieving shelved new files and folders

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mkellock

Problems retrieving shelved new files and folders

Post by mkellock » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi,

I wanted to start using shelving to pass changes from my laptop to my desktop and vice versa, the problem is that any new files are either being extracted to the to a temp folder but not moved to the working folder, or are not being retrieved at all.

There may be an exception happening behind the scenes as the client looks like it's trying to download all the new files to the temp directory then move them after they've all been downloaded.

I'm also getting this error when unshelving:
The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The request failed with the error message:
--
<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="%2fVaultService%2fVaultWeb%2fLogin.aspx%3fReturnUrl%3d%252fvaultservice%252fDragnetWebService.asmx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

However it seems to get past this problem and manages to partially restore the shelveset regardless.

Any ideas on how to get shelving working properly?

lbauer

Re: Problems retrieving shelved new files and folders

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 am

We'd like to see your client and server log when you get this error.

To enable client-side logging in the GUI Client open the Fortress GUI Client and hold down the following keys on your keyboard:

Control-Alt Shift F12

The log is called FortressGUIClient.txt and is would be in your users temp directory.

The Fortress Server log is called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
Reproduce the problem then send the logs zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager