Deleting Attachments

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

AjarnMark

Deleting Attachments

Post by AjarnMark » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 am

This is a feature request which has come up several times in the past going all the way back to Dragnet (http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... nts#p45883) and still into Fortress 2.0.1 (http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 61&p=50793).

We got bit by this again when a user mistakenly attached the same file twice. In the 1.x version of Fortress, I trained my users to attach files to Comments rather than to the base item itself, and then if necessary, we could delete the entire comment to get rid of the attachment. Now in 2.0, Attachments are no longer hooked to Comments and so there is no way to delete them.

Is there a philosophical reason that this is not being added to the software (i.e. "this is just wrong and we won't be party to fostering bad practices"), or is it just a matter of too many higher priority features to work on and this one just never makes the cut? To address concerns about the former, I have previously suggested that this capability could be restricted to Global Admin (or Project Admin) privileges similarly to the way Obliterate is restricted. That would at least give us a supported method for cleaning up messes.

Thanks!

Beth

Re: Deleting Attachments

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

I think it's just been a matter of other features getting the priority. I'll bump it up in priority another level, and that should help.

F: 12743
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 am

OK, thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 am

You're welcome.
Beth Kieler