How to not automatically mark a task complete on check-in

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dist0rti0n

How to not automatically mark a task complete on check-in

Post by dist0rti0n » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

When you associate a change set to a work item Fortress automatically wants to mark it completed. It would be nice to change this behavior so that you can choose what the default is - either checked or not.

Otherwise, its implied that you're creating a task for every single check-in you're performing. It's also frustrating if you forget to un-check the box because your ticket appears to suddenly be "lost" since it's not in an open state.

Would it be possible to get this changed and is there a work-around for the time being (a config value that can be manually modified somewhere, etc.)?
<a href="http://www.vertagen.com">Vertagen Solutions</a>

lbauer

Re: How to not automatically mark a task complete on check-in

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 am

There's no way to configure this in the current version. We do have feature request 10950 logged for it, and I've added your vote. I'm not sure when we might fix this, though.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:10 pm

dist0rti0n, I'm guessing that you are on a 1.x version of Fortress because I remember the same frustrations of having to go flip the status back to Open in order to do additional check-ins if I had previously checked-in a partial remedy and left the box checked.

However, in version 2.x of Fortress, while the checkbox is still checked by default, the browse functionality is greatly enhanced so you can find, and check-in code against, an item that is not Open. For example, but using the Recent query option, or the At-A-Glance query, you can locate items that were marked complete by a previous check-in, but are not yet closed.

dist0rti0n

Post by dist0rti0n » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for the reply - I hadn't revisited the browsing since upgrading.

Still it would be nice if it remembered the last view so that I didn't have to go digging so much along with allowing me to toggle the default setting of the checkbox.
<a href="http://www.vertagen.com">Vertagen Solutions</a>

obrion

Post by obrion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 am

Is there any way to find out when feature requests are expected to be implemented? I am also interested in the ability to default the state of this checkbox to unchecked.

Robert O'Brion

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 pm

We don't always know ourselves until we start working on a new release and prioritize the many items we need to work on. Feel free to ask, and if we know, we'll let you know.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager