Option to show open and pending items under the same tab

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Option to show open and pending items under the same tab

Post by Marcel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 am

Since we are only a small development team, we hardly assign separate developers and testers to each item. In fact, we do not have an official QA team to test things. We only assign items to people when they are scheduled to implement or fix them and testing is mostly done by the developer. Other items, which don't have a scheduled fix or release date, and thus are considered low priority at that moment, will not have an assignee.

It would be very useful when a user can decide to show (in the my open items list) the pending items under the tab for open items. Using different tabs for the open and pending items can lead to developers forgetting about the pending items. The benefit of showing the pending items under the open items tab, is that it will produce an instant and clear overview of items which need work to be done.

BTW, I still like to see (an option for adding) a tab for closed items implemented in Fortress. It can make browsing through items a lot easier. It was already requested for here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5598
And I commented it in my own post here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 30&t=10763 (see 3rd post)
It is just all about quick and intuitive browsing through items. :D

Beth

Re: Option to show open and pending items under the same tab

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

And I commented it in my own post here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10763 (see 3rd post)
I don't know what is old text versus new text there. What did you add?

Also, can you tell me which version of Fortress you are using?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 am

Sorry if I was unclear. I did not add new text to the existing topic viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10763. I was just referring to it.
The bottom line is that I like an option for adding a tab for closed items. Another enhancement (as described in the topic mentioned) could be to add the closed items also as a column to the projects At-a-glance overview. And to avoid confusing names, I suggested to rename the "open" and "my open" pages to "items" and "my items", because these pages would also show closed items then. But I made these requests already in the past and they should be logged in your system.

Our Fortress version is 1.1.1.18060. But we're planning to update to version 2 soon.
Does version 2 support listing items with status "pending" under the "open" tab?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 am

The bottom line is that I like an option for adding a tab for closed items.
Ok. Fortress 2.0.2 has a tab for completed items.
completed tab.JPG
completed tab.JPG (19.31 KiB) Viewed 8986 times
Adding a column to the Projects at a Glance for closed items has been logged.
F: 15185

Renaming the pages Open/My Open to Items/My Items was logged previously.
F: 13741
Does version 2 support listing items with status "pending" under the "open" tab?
That's not supported yet. We have a summaries area that may help, but it's not on the Open page. Currently, you will need to run a query and save the query for future use. This was part of a previous request, but I've separated it out into its own request.
F: 15186
Beth Kieler

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 am

Beth wrote:Ok. Fortress 2.0.2 has a tab for completed items.
That's right. Fortress version 1 has this tab also. But what I meant, is to have a tab for closed items, like it was mentioned here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5598
It should already be logged.

Beth wrote:Currently, you will need to run a query and save the query for future use. This was part of a previous request, but I've separated it out into its own request.
Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:52 pm

The screenshot I was showing was from Fortress 2.0. That's not currently in there.
Beth Kieler