Feature request: filtering pending changes

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jsiegmund

Feature request: filtering pending changes

Post by jsiegmund » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:28 am

Hi,

I would like to request a feature for the Fortress client. It would be great if one could filter the pending changes window to only show / include items with specific properties. For instance, I updated some projects and solutions and I wanted to check in the related solution and project files. But there were also some pending code changes which I didn't want to check in. So now I had to manually search the list for all sln and proj files, select those and check them in. A simple column based filter option could easily resolve this.

Second, would it be possible to add a column 'Changes' to the pending changes list which would contain the number of changes made in the file. Sometimes the timestamp will change when for instance an external tool is ran which modifies the timestamp, not nescessarily changing the contents of the file. Fortress client will list those files as being modified with an unchanged filesize, but you can't tell wether something actually changed or not. So now I have to open DiffMerge via "Show Differences", see that the changes count is 0 and then undo the pending change (I don't want to overwrite unchanges files in a changeset). I understand this might create a big cpu load to calculate all the changes, so this should perhaps be an option in the toolbar or something (calculate change count).

Thanks!

Beth

Re: Feature request: filtering pending changes

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I can add the feature request. In the meantime, you might try using the search tab to find a group of items that you want to check in. A check-in can be performed from there.

I'll add a feature request for the second item as well. In the meantime, using the Show Differences is a good route to take.

F: 15234, 15235
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jsiegmund

Post by jsiegmund » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks, will do!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support