[Sorta urgent] XNA projects don't check in correctly.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Beth

Re: [Sorta urgent] XNA projects don't check in correctly.

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm

I agree that the files not going in the first time are a bug. I will be logging that here soon. I'm telling you everything I see and how I'm getting it to work so that you can get to a state where you can work.

If the folder didn't make it into Fortress when it was added, then you aren't going to be able to pull it down to somewhere else. Do you have the original version of that project on disk somewhere that this was added from?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

cohowap

Post by cohowap » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Yes, we're fine as far as source goes. We just enjoy the enhanced client and it's functionality (not to mention the enhanced client works for everything else and having to switch between the 2 client's isn't always the funnest).

In the mean time we're evaluating the Classic Client and will most likely be using that until this is fixed.

Is there a way to check status on defects to see if they are scheduled for a release at some point?

Thanks for all your help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 pm

I have a bug logged, but there isn't a way for me to open it up for you to track.

Getting the Content folder in using the method I described only needs to be done one time. If a user can't get the content folder after that using the Open from Fortress, then I would recommend using the GUI client to get the entire solution and sub-projects to disk, and then Open from Fortress.

You might find the following KB articles helpful as well when understanding how the Enhanced Client works.
Welcome to the Vault/Fortress Visual Studio Enhanced Client
Visual Studio Enhanced IDE Client FAQ

Of course, working with the Classic Client is ok as well. There are many customers who found they prefer the Classic Client over the Enhanced Client.

F: 15256, 15257
Beth Kieler

cohowap

Post by cohowap » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Another issue with Fortress and Vault, in both Enhanced and Classic clients.

If you create a XNA project for the "Zune" then right click on that project and say "Create Copy of Project for Windows" it will create a shadow project (same files as the original project, but a new project file targeting windows).

If you try to check this shadow project in (as well as get latest, etc....) without going through hoops it won't check in, nor get latest.

Might want to add that to the bug ticket, as it's a similar issue.

Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Were you working with a project that was fully bound properly? I have run tests with both the Classic Client and the Enhanced Client and am not having the same problem. What kind of "hoops" are you going through to try and add it? Does it give you any errors when you try to check it in normally?
Beth Kieler