Fortress not working since upgrade to Win 7

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

steadyrain

Fortress not working since upgrade to Win 7

Post by steadyrain » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:41 pm

We have the Fortress Server Version 1.1.1.18060 installed on a Windows 2003 Server.

Our designers including myself all had Dreamweaver CS3 installed on Windows XP machines using the Fortress Client version 1.1.4 (18402).
I went through the setup instructions found here (http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9499) and everything worked perfectly.

I've recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7. I reinstalled Dreamweaver CS3 and Fortress Client version 1.1.4 (18402) and went through the same setup instructions to get Fortress to work with Dreamweaver, but to no avail...

When I go into the Site Definition Dialog in Dreamweaver, and select Remote Info, I can choose SourceGear Fortress from the drop down list, but the Settings... button next to the drop down does nothing when it is clicked. No dialog box opens. If I open a file in Dreamweaver, I'm asked if I would like to check it out. If I click yes the file opens, but if I check the Fortress client, the file is not check out... If I try to check a file in with Dreamweaver, nothing happens...

Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix for this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

lbauer

Re: Fortress not working since upgrade to Win 7

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Fortress 1.1 and its Dreamweaver plugin were released prior to Windows 7, so it might work, but we haven't tested it. Since we haven't tested it, we don't have information to help. We could do some troubleshooting to see if it's something simple, but it may be an incompatibility with the operating system.

Fortress 2.0 and DreamweaverCS3 integration are fully supported on Windows 7.

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

steadyrain

Post by steadyrain » Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Linda,

We've just upgraded our Fortress server to 2.0.3.18802. I upgraded my Fortress client to 2.0.3.18802 as well. I then copied the appropriate DLL for Dreamweaver, and am still unable to use Fortress Source Control with Dreamweaver on Windows 7. When I click the Settings button to alter my Source Control settings within Dreamweaver, nothing happens.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 04, 2010 3:06 pm

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager