How Admin of Fortress can undo check out files in other comp

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

DamianRM

How Admin of Fortress can undo check out files in other comp

Post by DamianRM » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:01 am

Dear Fortress Team

I have a problem with you fortress. I was working on computer which is now off-line and which is check out some files, they are not back to server and I can not modify it now from other computer on which I work.

So question is: I’m admin of all system, how can I unlock this files ? it is clear that changes which are not Check In back to server will be lost, but this now is less important.

I was searching in both you Fortress client and WEB application for Admin, but not find way to do this. I’m annoying .. this is BASIC operation. Right, it is due to luck of organization, but this is fact of our life …

DamianRM

Re: How Admin of Fortress can undo check out files in other comp

Post by DamianRM » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am

I know name and password of this user which is locked these files.
May be I can log with it from diffrent computer and unlock this files. Will this work ???

But in genereal, I expect to have options somethink like Unlock file when I'm login with Administartor password. Now I do not have such options and in fact I'm not admin of system :( :( :( :( :(

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 am

Select the Admin tab on the Fortress Web app. Under Source Control Repositories on the left select the relevant repository. There you will find an option "Undo Checkout" which will list all checked out files and you can undo any checkout you want.

Cheers,
Brett

DamianRM

Post by DamianRM » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:40 am

Yes, I find it, thanks.
:-)