1207 : FailObjAlreadyExists

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ecobb

Post by ecobb » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 am

I'm getting this error whenever I try to do a handoff from our VSS repository to Fortress. This is the only information that pops up on the screen:

Handoff
Summary
The following errors were encountered during the handoff:

We're using Fortress Version 2.0.3.18802

Any suggestions?
My work is a game, a very serious game. - M. C. Escher

Beth

Re: 1207 : FailObjAlreadyExists

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Can you open your Fortress GUI client and see if the file is actually there?

What happens if you make a new test repository and hand-off into that one. Do you get the same results?

I'm going to move this thread over the the Fortress forums.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ecobb

Post by ecobb » Mon May 03, 2010 7:22 am

The files were definitely there. I wound up just deleting that repository and creating a new one and the handoff worked then.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon May 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you are working again.
Beth Kieler

ecobb

Post by ecobb » Thu May 06, 2010 1:23 pm

It's happening again on the new repository. It looks like it will let us do an initial handoff the first time we run it, but if we every come back and try to do another handoff on a repository, we get the 1207 : FailObjAlreadyExists error.

I don't know if this is any help or not, but here is the entry from the sgvault.log file.
----5/6/2010 2:10:01 PM Cobbe--NLOFRW--9420BWQ(10.127.240.240)--SSL Disabled VaultServiceAPILib.VaultSoapException: 1207 : FailObjAlreadyExists
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.CommitRequests(Int32 nUserID, Int32 nRepID, ArrayList alRequests, VSSImportProgressMessage message, String comment)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.RunCannedImport(Int32 externalID, Int32 repid, Int32 userid, String srcsafeImportRoot, String vaultDestinationPath, VSSImportProgressMessage message, VSSImportErrorMessage error)
at VaultService.Admin.Handoff.ThreadCallBack(Object state)
at VaultServiceBase.WorkerThread.ThreadMain() at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.CommitRequests(Int32 nUserID, Int32 nRepID, ArrayList alRequests, VSSImportProgressMessage message, String comment)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.RunCannedImport(Int32 externalID, Int32 repid, Int32 userid, String srcsafeImportRoot, String vaultDestinationPath, VSSImportProgressMessage message, VSSImportErrorMessage error)
at VaultService.Admin.Handoff.ThreadCallBack(Object state)
at VaultServiceBase.WorkerThread.ThreadMain()
----5/6/2010 2:10:01 PM Cobbe--NLOFRW--9420BWQ(10.127.240.240)--SSL Disabled Handoff Error: 1207 : FailObjAlreadyExists

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri May 07, 2010 8:59 am

Can you make a test repository and do this new hand-off to that one to see if it works? That will help me narrow it down to whether it's seeing the duplicate within what you are handing off, or if it's just that you are handing off something that has a copy of what is already in your repository.

If you have a structure like:
$
|---Folder1
-----|---FolderA
-----|---FolderB
|---Folder2

and you hand-off folder1, you already have the data from FolderA and FolderB and shouldn't need to import those again.
Beth Kieler

ecobb

Post by ecobb » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

So the handoff can't overwrite something that's already there? All we want to do is update our Fortress repository with our current VSS repository. There have been many changes to many files in VSS since we set up our initial Fortress repository a couple of weeks ago. We're now ready to stop using VSS, handoff all of the latest updates to Fortress, and then start using it.

Is Fortress is not capable of doing this?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri May 07, 2010 1:45 pm

No, the hand-off can't overwrite what is there. It was intended as something that would be used one time to pull over your VSS data. We didn't build anything into it for continuous updating.

If you are ready to switch to Fortress and need the latest VSS, it would be best to create a new repository and do a fresh import. Your old repositories can be deleted cleanly without affecting other repositories. If you added data that you need to the old Fortress repositories, then don't delete the repository, and we need to discuss further how to get everything where it should be.
Beth Kieler