Source/Ticket Association Question

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

slmcmahon

Source/Ticket Association Question

Post by slmcmahon » Thu May 13, 2010 12:12 pm

I've gotten reports from some of my colleagues that they sometimes find that their source file check-in comments are not recorded on the ticket that is listed in the "Update Bugs" field. As mentioned in several forum postings, I always browse and select the ticket for association resulting in it adding the properly formatted link "Item:NNN" to the "Change Set Comment" field and my comments are always recorded. So my question is: if it is a requirement to have such a link embedded in the change set comment, then what does the "Update Bugs" field actually do?

Thanks,
Stephen

Beth

Re: Source/Ticket Association Question

Post by Beth » Thu May 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Here is what happens when you check in against a Fortress bug.
1) If you just type in the number, but have no comments that you've typed in, then all you get for a comment in the Fortress work item is "This item was updated as part of a checkin operation" and a link to the file.

2) If you just type in the number, and have some manually typed comments that you've typed in, then you get the comments you typed in as the comment in the Fortress work item and a link to the file.

3) If you use the Browse button to select the work item number and no additional comments, then you get the work item number listed in the comments and a link to the file.

4) If you uncheck the option to add comments as part of the work item, then all you get for a comment in the Fortress work item is "This item was updated as part of a checkin operation" and a link to the file.

What version of Fortress are you on?

When this issue happens you might check the log file at %windir%\sgfortress\fortress.log to see if any errors are logged there.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

slmcmahon

Post by slmcmahon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Beth,

Our version of fortress is 2.0.1.18729.

I have looked back in the logs and just prior to this problem being reported to me, there are several of these pairs of errors:

GetAttachment::Page_Load - GetAttachment() The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x80072746.
at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.FlushCore(Byte[] status, Byte[] header, Int32 keepConnected, Int32 totalBodySize, Int32 numBodyFragments, IntPtr[] bodyFragments, Int32[] bodyFragmentLengths, Int32 doneWithSession, Int32 finalStatus, Boolean& async)
at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.FlushCachedResponse(Boolean isFinal)
at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.FlushResponse(Boolean finalFlush)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush()
at System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MantisSQLService.MantisSQLService.GetAttachment(MantisSqlConn conn, Int32 nAuthUID, Int32 nMsgID, Int32 nAttID, Int32 nDBBufSize, Stream& s)
at MantisServiceAPI.MantisServiceAPI.GetAttachment(Int32 nAuthUID, Int32 nMsgID, Int32 nAttID, Int32 nDBBufSize, Stream& s)
at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.GetAttachment(Int32 nUID, Int32 nMsgID, Int32 nAttID, Int32 nDBBufSize, Stream& s)
at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.GetAttachment(Page mPage, Int32 nMsgID, Int32 nAttID, Int32 nDBBufSize, Stream& s)
at Mantis.GetAttachment.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

-- and --
Helpers::GetAttachment The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x80072746." with the same stack trace

Another thing that I see quite a few instances of are ViewState errors where this is the reason for the failure: "Missing field: __VIEWSTATE20"

Does this expose anything obvious that we should be changing? If you need further information then please let me know.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Do the view state errors seem to reflect what this user is describing? http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 30&t=12300

I can't say whether those are exactly related or not. If communication is interrupted when Fortress is trying to push information up to the server, I could see that causing problems though.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support