Problem with show differences after a merge.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ecobb

Problem with show differences after a merge.

Post by ecobb » Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 am

After merging two branches together, when I do a compare in the Fortress Client it still shows all of the files I just merged as being different.

I click on one branch and select "show differences", then in the popup I check "any repository folder/file" and select the branch I just merged with. Since I just merged these two branches together and resolved all conflicts (by hand), they should be identical, right?

But the comparison shows every file that I just merged in red with a status of "different". When I double click any of the files to view the differences I get a notice popup that says the files are identical.

So, which one is correct? Was the merge successful and show differences is incorrect, or is show differences picking up something that didn't get merged correctly? I tend to think (hope) that this is just a problem with "show differences" not seeing things correctly.
My work is a game, a very serious game. - M. C. Escher

lbauer

Re: Problem with show differences after a merge.

Post by lbauer » Tue May 18, 2010 11:44 am

I haven't been able to reproduce this. What version of Fortress are you using?

Could you send me a screenshot (or two) of what you're seeing. If you don't want to post it here, send it to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager