Fortress 2.0 web browser interface stylesheet

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Fortress 2.0 web browser interface stylesheet

Post by Charles Monk » Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 am

We recently upgraded from Fortress 1.x to 2.0.3.

We use the web browser interface for bug/item tracking and we have a few web-only users. I don't know if that makes us unusual.

The functional improvements are impressive and will save a lot of time clicking and waiting for server round-trips, but I think that the new stylesheet is rather... err... overwhelming. The previous one was a odd, but this new one is so striking that it's hard to understand the information being presented on the pages.

Is there an alternative style sheet available? From SG? From anywhere?

CM.

lbauer

Re: Fortress 2.0 web browser interface stylesheet

Post by lbauer » Mon May 24, 2010 7:51 am

Yes, it is quite a change if you've been using the older version. The pages are dynamically generated -- I'll check to see if there's any way to change them

You do get used to the intense colors after a bit. Also, we'll be changing the color scheme again to match our new web site design. We don't have a definite date as yet, but probably later this summer.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 pm

OK. I just wondered if anyone else had already done some hacking with the CSS and had a stylesheet they could share.

If you are redesigning the style, could I request/suggest that you offer some choice? I'd be particularly glad to see one with a name like 'soothing' or 'simple'.

Would it also be possible to experiment with the fonts and spacings to see whether more information could be fitted onto the screen without crowding things overmuch?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 26, 2010 3:44 pm

You might be able to change the color scheme by modifying some of the images in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Fortress\Style\Images. You could also try modifying the Fortress.css file. Of course back everything up before you do this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager