VS 2010 'Enhanced Client' - no messages in output pane!

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tim3

VS 2010 'Enhanced Client' - no messages in output pane!

Post by Tim3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 am

Hi,

I have Visual Studio 2010 Premium running with "Enhanced Client" integration w/Fortress Client (version 2.0.3/18802). When I look at the Output pane/tool window, there is no 'Fortress' or 'Source Control' option there (in the dropdown) at all -- whereas I do see Debug, Build, and all the other standard ones showing/working just fine.
With 'Classic' integration mode there is 'Source Control' option and it does show the messages, however I would like to be able to see them with the "Enhanced Client" since the Classic mode appears a bit less stable.

A couple of others running the same configuration are having the same problem, so it's not "just my machine"...

Any idea as to what we might be missing?

Thanks

lbauer

Re: VS 2010 'Enhanced Client' - no messages in output pane!

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am

This is a known bug. We are fixing it for the next maintenance release of Fortress/Vault, due out soon.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jclausius

Re: VS 2010 'Enhanced Client' - no messages in output pane!

Post by jclausius » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Tim3 wrote:I have Visual Studio 2010 Premium running with "Enhanced Client" integration w/Fortress Client (version 2.0.3/18802). When I look at the Output pane/tool window, there is no 'Fortress' or 'Source Control' option there (in the dropdown) at all -- whereas I do see Debug, Build, and all the other standard ones showing/working just fine.
We now have a pre-release version of Fortress 2.0.4 which includes a fix for this problem. If anyone is interested in trying this out in a trial basis, please send an email to "fortressbeta AT sourcegear DOT com"

Thanks.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear