Problem with cell-phone Dongle

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

KenBirch

Problem with cell-phone Dongle

Post by KenBirch » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 am

Hello Support
My boss is having problems using Fortress on his portable computer using his cell-phone dongle connection to Fortress. He says that he can access the pages of Fortress but when he tries to edit an item, he is recieving error 500 on his browser. It would appear that this was now a problem before, but now it is; I was unable to elicit any information as to when or why the change has occurred. However over the past few weeks we have moved Fortress to a new server and upgraded from version 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.

He does not have any problems when the portable computer is connected via an ethernet cable, but he says that he had the same problem with a different 'Dongle' connection in the past.

If you can think of any thing that might cause this, please let me know; I will try and get some more information as to when and why this happened and post it. :|

lbauer

Re: Problem with cell-phone Dongle

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 am

We don't have any specific advice about using dongles, other than it's just another type of network connection. Is your boss getting the 500 error when editing a work item or saving it?

Could something between client machine and server machine be interfering with the connection -- any firewall or antivirus software in the cellphone service?

Are there any errors in the Fortress Server log that correspond to the failure? It's called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

Any errors in the event viewer on the client machine?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

KenBirch

Post by KenBirch » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am

Hello Linda
Thank you for your prompt reply. I thought myself that this was a network problem but you know how bosses are. I have looked at the log files and Vault does not show anything by the Fortress log file does show a problem with the 'ViewState' being invalid, so some data coruption is happening on the get or the put. My boss is using a Safari browser running on a Macintosh with Mac-OS-X10.4. I shall get him to double-check his settings on his dongle, but I think he may need to go to the dongle supplier for fix.

I shall post any information I get.

Regards Ken Birch :)
p.s. happy 4July, down with the British.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks. We'll probably be encountering issues like this as cellphone connections to computers increase.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager