Problem Loading Demo

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pholzman

Problem Loading Demo

Post by pholzman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:53 am

I am unable to execute Fortress. I get an error message "This Vault server uses a protocol that is not supported by this client." and it asks me to click here and upgrade your client version to be compatible with your server. I did that and it installed fine. However I still keep getting the same error no matter what I do. I am using the same Server address that we are currently using with Vault. We are using Vault and Dragnet and I would like to evaluate Fortress to see if it will work for requirements management. Please assist! :?:

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:59 am

Do you have the 2.0 .NET framework installed?

Are you connecting to Fortress using a Vault client or Fortress?
I am using the same Server address that we are currently using with Vault.
Did you install Fortress on the same server as your production Vault server? Or how is it that you are using the same server address?

pholzman

Still Unable to install

Post by pholzman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:25 am

We are working on getting the Fortress Demo installed but in the mean time does anyone have any ifnormation about the Requirements planning, design, development, and testing portions of this tool. I have been evaluating requirement tools and since we already have Vault and Dragnet I wanted to review Fortress to see if it will support our needs. :?:

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 pm

pholzman,

In order to troubleshoot your problem, we need more details of your situation and any errors that you are seeing. In order to use the Fortress Preview, copy, you should copy your sgvault and sgdragnet databases to a different server. On this new server, you should then install the Fortress Server Preview. Once you have the server installed, you can then use a Fortress Client to connect, or use the Fortress Web client to connect to http://servername/Fortress

On the subject of requirements planning, we will not have any requirements planning functionality for Fortress 1.0.