License issue

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

AndrewM

License issue

Post by AndrewM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:16 am

I'm having a strange problem with the licensing, I recieved the 10-user demo license, it is added with no errors, however when I create an error it develops an error message;

The number of active users exceeds the number of currently available licenses. Logins will be disabled until you deactivate some users or acquire more license seats. See the Licenses page for more information about your license.

It still creates the user, however it will show me;

From the license screen;

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Most likely, you need to reset the IIS server before the preview will recognise your license. On the server machine, click the start menu and choose Run... In that dialog, type iisreset. After that is complete, you should be able to log in properly.

AndrewM

Post by AndrewM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:26 pm

That cleared up one side of the error, user creation does not generate any kind of message (appears everything worked fine).

However;
We still get the message;
Available permanent user licenses: -2

Also when trying to log in with the new account, it simply says - Login Failed (for every user account except for admin).

I did do the install and am trying to use AD for authentication though (single sign on is a pipe dream of mine).

I'll try with a non-AD user in a few minutes and report back.

AndrewM

Post by AndrewM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:16 pm

I'll try with a non-AD user in a few minutes and report back
It looks like the non-AD user worked fine for user creation. Which is fine for our testing, but I wonder if I did something wrong during the install?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:24 pm

At least we now know that the problem is with your AD setup. Have you looked at your server log file? to see if there are any instructive error messages?

AndrewM

Post by AndrewM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm

I hadn't, but now that I have the situation is fixed (helps to fill in the AD info into the admin/config pages) and I'm able to log in with AD accounts.

Thanks for the help.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm

You've seen a bug in the preview which has subsequently been fixed. We no longer allow users to be set to AD authentication if there is no AD domain configured.