Upgrade problems

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mschoneman

Upgrade problems

Post by mschoneman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:37 am

I'm having quite a lot of issues upgrading from Vault to Fortress.

I'm trying to Bind a solution (that I've removed all source control from) and I get the following error message:

Project node count mismatch

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael O. Schoneman

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:16 pm

What specific steps were you using to change to the new 2005 binding?

What type of project is this? Is it a web project?

Are you using Visual Studio 2005?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

After I removed the Vault client, and installed the Fortress client, I tried to load the solution is VS 2005 w/SP1 (It's a combination of WinForms and Class Libraries in C#). I got error message alond the lines of "could find the source control provider" and it offered to temporarily work disconnected or to remove all the bindings.

I removed all the bindings and selected Bind from the context menu for the solution item. It asks for my connection info to the Fortres server. Then I get the Sourcegear Fortress Error dialog that says "An error has occurred. The error message is: Project node code mismatch".

If there's more info you need just let me know.

-Michael O. Schoneman

egli

Post by egli » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:15 pm

For re-binding the solution, we have a recomended set of steps at the following KB article:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=7937

Please try re-binding using those steps and let us know if you still get the same error message.

Your error is one that we had not yet seen in-house, but another user on the Vault forum ran into the same thing, so we're definitely trying to track down the problem.

Thank you.

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:22 am

I followed those steps and get the same error:
Project node count mismatch

This happens after I log into the server and select the repository. I never get a chance to browse to the .sln file.

Any ideas?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:31 am

We've had another user who reported this issue mention that he had files directly in his solution folder. Is that the case for you as well?

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... highlight=

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:34 am

Yes. I have a GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs that makes sure all the projects have the same version number, copyright, etc. I also have numerous solution folders.

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:36 am

I had problems with the old Vault 3.5, actually it was VS. It didn't like linked items or items above the folder where the .sln file was kept.

The only way to change bindings and make VS happy was to remove linked files and other items 'outside' the solution root, bind, then re-add the removed items.

A huge PITA, but it got vs to listen to me after that.

mschoneman

New problem

Post by mschoneman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:27 pm

After removing my solution items and moving the projects out of the solution folders (and deleting the solution folders) I was able to get the Bind to work. I re-added my solution folders and solution items and checked everything in.

It now looks like the project files that are under solution folders don't get checked in or out. The source files do, but not the project files them selves. Solution Items like my GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs aren't handled either.

This worked fine under Vault 3.5. Is this no longer supported? If that's the case, I'm going to have to restore from backup and revert.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Michael,

We're definitely going to support your case. We've figured out the problems with solution folders & files, and will have a build for you soon. Projects not gettings checked out has been something that we've seen in VS 2005 systems which don't have SP1 installed.

Are some of your project files getting checked out and not others? Is this related to the project types? Also, if you're in CVS mode, you will need to save all before edited project files will show up in your pending changes list.

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:13 pm

It looks like the issue with the project files not being handled was related to them not being saved.

I still have issues with projects in solution folders. When I do a Check Out on the solution file, I get errors about some files failing to check out. Checking the output for Fortress it looks like it's trying to check out the .csproj files multiple times.

Similar issue with the GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs solution item. It has the added side effect that it doesn't seem to get a source control icon in the Solution Explorer.

If there's anymore information you need, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

Thanks again,

-Michael O. Schoneman