Open From Fortress

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cisco.hdz

Open From Fortress

Post by cisco.hdz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Whenever it try to do an open from fortress it only picks up the solution file but not any of the projects below it. I am the only one, currently, working on this solution so not many other people have had to check it out. I did try it before with 3.50, on my new vista laptop, and it did the same thing.

I choose the right solution file and all the projects just say 'unavailable'. I've tried unbinding it and rebinding it with 2005 but it doesn't seem to work. The options do show to act recursively... i must be doing something dumb here

I'm running windows vista business. with fortress 1.0.0.15759[/i]

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:55 am

I got bit by this... For some reason the Fortress client put itself in offline mode (or I did it by mistake), so right click on the solution and make sure that the menu option says "Offline" (which implies you are online currently).

If that still does not solve it, see this thread, maybe it helps : http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8016
gabriel magana-gonzalez

cisco.hdz

Post by cisco.hdz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:05 am

gmagana wrote:I got bit by this... For some reason the Fortress client put itself in offline mode (or I did it by mistake), so right click on the solution and make sure that the menu option says "Offline" (which implies you are online currently).

If that still does not solve it, see this thread, maybe it helps : http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8016
Thanks for the tips. Turns out i WAS doing something stupid. I kept on ignoring the error that dotfuscator wasn't installed. Once i installed it most of the projects loaded up. Two didn't load but doing a 'get latest' on them fixed that right up.

I do have the issue you mentioned in your posts(solution folder) so hopefully i can get the pre-release version of 1.0.1 if it's not coming out this week.

thanks again

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:21 am

Well, SourceGear has never stated that they could either reproduce the error, or if there is a fix anywhere in sight, so hopefully they will look at it sometime soon :)
gabriel magana-gonzalez

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:41 am

Open From Fortress does strange things on solutions that have solution folders. We've fixed it, and the fix will be in the upcoming 1.0.1 release.

Opening a solution in offline mode when you cancel the login is perhaps not expected behavior, so it's certainly a usability bug, but it won't be addressed in the 1.0.1 release.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear