no rights after the upgrade to 1.0.1

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sirkirby

no rights after the upgrade to 1.0.1

Post by sirkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:23 pm

My user is configured as a global admin but now, when i try to access one of the code repositories via the client i receive the following error: "You have no rights to view any items in this repository".

I still seem to have full rights in the web interface, i just cannot access the code via the client. please help!

sirkirby

more detail...

Post by sirkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Before the upgrade, i experience an issue with the visual studo client where i received an endless loop of "object reference" error dialogs when trying to check in a file. I then had to forcibly quit VS to get out of the loop...After that error i decided to upgrade to the new version since i figured it may just be a problem with the pre-release version i was using. At first, i tried an upgrade, which failed (not sure what the error code was). Then i unistalled the server and reinstalled, which failed saying that there can only be 1 open user at a time on sgvault. I then restarted the machine, and was able to successfully install 1.0.1.

I hope that helps. please let me know what you need from me to help me restore my account access to the repository.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:02 pm

At this point, looking at the Vault server log file and turning on Vault client logging would be the most helpful.

Is this failing if you try to log in from another machine?

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 pm

it did work properly when i used the client from another machine.

how should i proceed? uninstall then reinstall on my workstation?

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 pm

uninstall/reinstall didn't work :(

sirkirby

took a while...

Post by sirkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:27 pm

but i was finally able to get this to work. What i ultimately had to do was delete the SourceGear directory from my user\AppData\Local\ directory. Once i wiped that my mysterious permissions problem has gone away.

I still don't know why this happened, so perhaps is still worth investigating the matter...but I'm back in business nevertheless.

-Chris

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Thanks for sending me your client log. There were some new errors logged, and we'll investigate it and make sure that these are addressed in the future.

dist0rti0n

Post by dist0rti0n » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm having a simliar problem to this one. My user is a member of the Global admin group and I can access one of the repositories just fine, but the other one is giving me the "You have no rights to view any items in this repository." message when I try to connect.

Note: the repository blocking me out is fairly old, and was upgraded from a previous Vault installation to Fortress.

Here's a link the GUI log, maybe you guys can give me an idea what might be going on?

http://www.vertagen.com/files/VaultGUIClient.txt

I've already deleted all of the cache files I can find and even done a little SQL Profiling to see if I can spot any inconsistencies (which I could not).

Thanks
<a href="http://www.vertagen.com">Vertagen Solutions</a>

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:21 am

Can you connect as another user or as admin?

Can you log in from another machine.

Is there anything in the Vault server logs?

Have you tried restarting IIS?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager