Installation Error Code 450, Upgrade Vault/Dragnet->Fortr

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Darren Thompson

Installation Error Code 450, Upgrade Vault/Dragnet->Fortr

Post by Darren Thompson » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:34 am

I'm trying to install Fortress Server 1.0.1 while upgrading existing Vault (3.5.2) and Dragnet (1.0.7) databases but I get the error:

"Upgrade failed. The sgvault and sgdragnet databases must have the same SQL Collation. This must be fixed before upgrading the databases to Fortress. SQL Collations must be the same for the sgvault and sgdragnet databases Fortress Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = 450"

This is the second attempt at installing Fortress. I successfully installed 1.0.0 about a week ago but I had to revert back to Vault/Dragnet and restore the backed up db's while we waited for new Fortress serial numbers.

With this second installation I initially got another error which I managed to resolve by deleting the remnant "sgmaster" db that remained from the first installation (I got this tip from another thread)

BTW, both sgvault and sgdragnet both use the "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" collation and i'm using Windows Authentication.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Darren

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:38 am

Can you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum post? This is going to need more digging into what's going on.

micke_314

Post by micke_314 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:40 pm

I know that the preview of Fortress had similar problems if the the default collation of the database differed from the collation of the dragnet and vault databases.

This is because the new database (sgmaster) is created with the default collation.
Micke

drmccue

AUTO_CLOSE

Post by drmccue » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 am

The cause of this problem was eventually identified as the setting of AUTO_CLOSE in the sgvault database.

A later problem was reported by Darren -- upgrading from Fortress 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 failed. AUTO_CLOSE was set to ON/True for both sgvault and sgdragnet. Once AUTO_CLOSE was set to OFF/False for both sgvault and sgdragnet, the upgrade routine was able to successfully determine the collation for both of those databases, and the upgrade succeeded.

Dan McCue
SourceGear