Problem Uninstalling Fortress Server on XP Pro.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bsimmons

Problem Uninstalling Fortress Server on XP Pro.

Post by bsimmons » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:39 am

After uninstalling Fortress 4.0.1 Server from my WIndows XP Pro (sp2) system. I get the following error when I launch SQL Server 2005 Management Studio.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). (Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop)

BUTTONS:

OK

Is the a solution short of:
1) re-installing Fortress Server
2) removing SQL Server 2005 & Re-installing it?

Thanks
Bernard

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 am

Did you have the client installed with the Server? The client needs to run devenv /setup on uninstall and devenv /setup seems to cause this on certain machines. We have never seen this with only the server installed though.

Try going to "Start" -> "Run" -> and register the following dll by using regsvr32 command: regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

That *should* fix it.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

bsimmons

Post by bsimmons » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:14 am

1st let me say "Thanks for the Lighting Quick Response and Fix"....registering the dll corrected the problem.

I Installed the Fortress Server and the selected the option to install the Fortress Client which is displayed towards the end of the Server installation. So I guess the answer to your question is yes the client was installed. I can not say if I ever launched the client, all is on hold as I switch my development platform to Vista.

Bottom Line -- All appears to be fine.

Thanks

Bernard