working folder question and issue.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sirkirby

working folder question and issue.

Post by sirkirby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:46 am

How can i remove a working folder assignment from a folder that has already been deleted? The issue, is that I'm trying to assign that local folder to a different directory in fortress, but the client is not allowing me to do so... i receive the following error message: "The following repository path is already assigned to this working folder:..." Normally this would be fine as i would just remove the assignment from the other folder, however, the other folder no long exists. Please help!

Chris

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:18 am

In Vault, select the folder above the folder you deleted. Right click and select properties. There is a tab under properties for deleted items. Undelete your folder.

With the folder returned, then go into the Set Working Folder dialog and remove the association. Then you can delete that folder again.

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:22 am

I've actually tried that already, unfortunately...For some reason, the deleted folder does not show in the properties dialog. I have verified though, that is has not been purged. is there anything else i can do?

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 am

also, shouldn't the working folder association automatically be removed once the folder is deleted?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:38 am

If it was obliterated, it won't show there. I'm assuming that's what you mean by "purged". The deleted folder has to show in the deleted items of the folder that held it. You may wish to check your history for the folder you deleted to check the path again.

The working folder association is not removed when an item is deleted. You need to remove that before deleting an item.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:43 pm

If you still can't find the deleted file, you can remove the file that tracks your working folders. That file is found in the Vault Cache and is called CacheMember_WorkingFolderAssignment. More information on where to find that and what's all in the cache can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6.

If you have other working folders set, you would have to reset those as well.