Pending checkin window

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bmacadam

Pending checkin window

Post by bmacadam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 am

I just upgraded from Vault 3.1 to Fortress. I always used the Pending Checkins window previously and now it seems to have disappeared. I see the Fortress pending changes window, but that contains everything that is checked out for multiple projects and I'm only interested in viewing what is checked out in the current solution. Do I need to use a different plugin? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill MacAdam
GigglePop.com

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:01 am

Bill,

The Fortress Pending Changes Window uses working folder assignments to filter the list. Slightly simplified: for each working folder assignment relevant to your current solution, all of its contents (recursively) are listed.

This method isn't as thorough as it could be. As you've discovered, depending on how your repository is organized, you can see items here that aren't actually in the current solution. We're working on a more accurate method that also scales for people with very large solutions.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

bmacadam

Post by bmacadam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 am

Is there a change I can make to the repository to help my situation?
Bill MacAdam
GigglePop.com

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:06 pm

You certainly can, but if your layout is complex it may be more trouble than it's worth. Here's a simple example.

$/SolutionFolder/sample.sln (working folder set here)
$/SolutionFolder/Project1/project1.csproj
$/SolutionFolder/SomeOtherStuff/

If you're working with sample.sln, which includes project1.csproj, you're also going to see changes to anything in the SomeOtherStuff folder, despite the fact that it's not included in your solution. Moving the SomeOtherStuff folder in this case would fix that:

$/SomeOtherStuff/
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

bmacadam

Post by bmacadam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm currently seeing everything that I've checked out in the entire repository. To follow your example the folder SomeOtherStuff is included even though the layout looks like this:

$/SomeOtherStuff/

I don't know if this is a clue or not, but the rescan working folders button on the pending changes window is disabled. I also noticed that in the Fortress options dialog the checkbox for "Make Fortress your default SCC provider is not checked but rather partially selected (a green square inside the box). I tried checking it but it returns to the same state when the dialog box is displayed again.

[/url]
Bill MacAdam
GigglePop.com

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 pm

I've been unable to reproduce this problem. Would you be willing to enable logging for the Visual Studio 2005 client and send me a log that shows you opening the solution in question? You can post the contents of the log here or email me the file: ian at sourcegear dot com.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 am

For other users who experience this: it's caused by having a working folder assigned at the root of your repository. This is a bug, but until it's fixed, you can work around this behavior by removing that working folder assignment.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear