Email Help - Nothing Going

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jwright

Email Help - Nothing Going

Post by jwright » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:58 am

We have just purchased and installed the Fortress product and so far so good. The only issue we are having is email is not going to the users for anything. I have been checking logs etc. and do not see where these settings are even tested to ensure they work once they are set. I added the settings to both the global options and the user options. Where can I see if it is even sending anything? My email server is not barking about any errors.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 am

Have you configured the email settings in the Fortress Admin client, under the Email Settings link?

Has each Fortress user subscribed to Email notifications in the Fortress web client->Item Tracking-><Projectname>->Preferences (top of screen next to Help)->Email?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jwright

Yes..

Post by jwright » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:41 am

Yes we have set them in the server settings using the Web Admin and each user has set them accordingly. I could send you a screen capture of the information but I can not seem to paste it here.[/img]

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:09 am

Are there any errors in the server logs regarding problems sending messages? Check the fortress.log file in %windir%\temp\SGFortress on the Fortress server machine. You might want to check the sgvault.log as well.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager