Cannot access "Categories" tab

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Cannot access "Categories" tab

Post by Marcel » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:54 am

Help! We cannot access the "Categories" tab of a project anymore. The "Milestones" tab is accessible, but when we click on the "Categories" tab, we get the following error:

FailProjectPermissionDenied - The user does not have permission to perform that operation on the project. The user must be assigned permission. The operation has been cancelled.

I tried also using the admin login, but this results in the same error message. We are using Fortress 1.0.1.

How can we fix this problem?

Thanks,
Marcel

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Are you talking in the Admin area where one sets categories and milestones or do you mean on the page where a user would be adding an item and setting the category or milestone? Can you give me some details on the steps being taken to get to that location?

Also, can you reset IIS on your Fortress server. Just go to Start - Run and type iisreset. That will temporarily disconnect everyone from the web services for a minute.

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:03 am

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that. I am referring to the admin area. (Click tab "admin", choose some project under "Item Tracking Projects" on the left and click "Categories".)

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:53 am

Marcel,

Do you get this error if you're logged in as the admin user? If not, how is the user who is having the problem configured?

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:59 am

Yes, we get this error for user accounts and the admin account also.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 am

Is there anything logged in your Fortress log file? It should be in the c:\temp\windows\sgfortress directory on your server.

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:54 am

This is wat is logged in the Fortress.log file:

# SourceGear Fortress Server
2007-09-12 17:54:01.354 Starting SourceGear Dragnet by SourceGear, LLC - Version 1.0.1.15780 Copyright © 2003-2007 SourceGear, LLC All rights reserved.
2007-09-12 17:54:01.354 Configured Options: : LogLevel - Quiet LogReverseDNSLookup - True
2007-09-14 17:00:47.836 pcnl154.accell-group.net (192.168.50.144)-admin : Helpers::ModifyItemStatus Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'unique_itemstatuses'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'itemstatuses'. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at MantisSQLService.MantisSQLService.ModifyItemStatus(MantisSqlConn conn, Int32 nAuthUID, MantisStatus mStat) at MantisServiceAPI.MantisServiceAPI.ModifyItemStatus(Int32 nAuthUID, MantisStatus mStat) at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.ModifyItemStatus(Page mPage, MantisStatus mStat)

This has probably nothing to do with my problem, but I am not sure.

Marcel

Restoring backup solves probem.

Post by Marcel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:06 am

Hello SourceGear,

We restored a backup of the database and the problem is solved now.
Maybe the problem was caused by adding a definition of a status field that was deleted earlier (already exists error).

I also noticed that when I was logged in as administrator earlier, Fortress showed me (in the admin - users tab) that I was still logged in under my user account. This has changed now ; only the admin account was shown as "logged in", not my user account.

Marcel