Setup Repository

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bfhogan25

Setup Repository

Post by bfhogan25 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:30 pm

I can not figure out how to get my files into the initial repository to start evaluating fortress. Also the add files dialog is not development complete. The button labels are development labels and browsing for the files and choosing them do not list in the dialog to be chosen.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:24 am

Will you be using IDE integration with Visual Studio? If so, then you will want to open your solution in VS, then set the SCC to Vault under Tools - Options - Source Code Control. Then you can select the top of your solution and add it to source control. The method you use for that will depend on your version of VS and what you set under SCC.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue you are describing with Add Files. Can you post a screen shot of what you are trying to do there?

bfhogan25

Post by bfhogan25 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:38 pm

I was hoping to do the IDE integration with Eclipse for most developers and the rest the stand-alone client. I can't get the initial repository files setup in either eclipse or the stand-alone client.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 am

Can you create a few dummy files that you'll use just for a test with the GUI? Some plain text files will do.

Then in the Vault GUI, select root ($) and go to File - Create Folder. After you create the folder, then select that folder, and go to File - Add Files. During these 2 tasks, take a screen shot of problem area. Remember you need to have something selected in order to enable the commands under the file menu.

Once we get the basic ability to add files finished, then I get can you instructions on the best way to perform that with Eclipse. I just need to make sure your basic Vault installation is functioning properly.

bfhogan25

Post by bfhogan25 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:08 pm

I don't have a root. "$"=doesn't exist.

bfhogan25

Post by bfhogan25 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:09 pm

I have logged in as the admin and it always says that I don't have permissions. I haven't done anything but install and login. There is no root in the stand-alone client or the web admin.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Oh, ok. Then we need to go in a different direction here.

Is your SQL server on the same machine or a different machine than your Vault server?

Which IIS process model did you select during the install?

How did you connect to your SQL server during install? Was it using Windows authentication or SQL authentication?

Is there a previous database we need to be concerned with, or you are just letting Vault create a new empty database?