Fortress Performance

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

APA

Fortress Performance

Post by APA » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm

I just upgraded my Vault/Dragnet system to Fortress (1.04) and the performance of Fortress i no where near as good a Vault. Every aspect of the app is worse and it is all running on the same hardware and network that my Vault/Dragnet system was on.

For instance, when I right click on the web project in my solution it take about 15 seconds to display the context menu. Even the desktop client s much slower than the Vault client.

Is there some configuration setting that I missed?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:19 am

I hadn't seen this before, so let's do some digging to see what this could be. Can you open a Fortress client, connect to a repository, go to Help - Technical Support, and copy the environment information from there an post it?

Had you un-installed Vault and Dragnet (keeping the databases) before installing Fortress?

Could you provide me with a Fortress Server log? That file is C:\WINDOWS\Temp\SGFortress\fortress.log. You can either post it here or send it to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.

APA

Post by APA » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 pm

OK, I just emailed the info and yes I was required to uninstall Dragnet and Vault from the web server before installing Fortress and I left the databases in tact so they could be upgraded.