Fortress RSS feed problems

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Post Reply
BigBrett
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am

Fortress RSS feed problems

Post by BigBrett » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:19 am

I have tried using two formats of the feedtracking URL, namely http://<website>/Fortress/Feeds/BugTrackingFeed.aspx/?pass=<password>&user=<user>&project=<project name> and http://<website>/Fortress/Feeds/BugTrackingFeed.aspx/?pass=<password>&user=<user>&pid=<project id>.

The first version used to work with DragNet and the second version worked for a while with Fortress. Now both versions just return "Invalid Login %Credentials". I know my password and user name are correct so am I missing something somewhere ?

Also, I cannot find anything on the feed feature anywhare in the help documentation.

Regards,
Brett

sibrowne
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by sibrowne » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:05 am

I've had the same problem using the following URL:

http://<server>/fortress/feeds/bugtrackingfeed.aspx/?pass=<password>&user=<user>&project=<project>

It worked fine for a few days but then started giving the 'Fortress Feed Error' message.

I haven't looked into why this was happening, as I intend to upgrade to 1.0.4 fairly soon (currently using 1.0.2) and I'm hoping that this might fix the problem.

Not much help, I know, but it does suggest a bug rather than user-error.

BigBrett
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am

Post by BigBrett » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:33 am

I'm already running 1.0.4 so no help there either !

jeremy_sg
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:39 am
Location: Sourcegear
Contact:

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:03 am

I'm still working on figuring this out. Are the users that are connecting to the RSS feed web-only users? Were the users dragnet-only users before the upgrade?

BigBrett
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am

Post by BigBrett » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:17 am

Nope, I have a full fortress licence and had a vault/dragnet licence before the upgrade.

The second form of the URL did actually work for a while but no longer does so, if that is any help.

Regards,
Brett

jeremy_sg
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:39 am
Location: Sourcegear
Contact:

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:28 am

Does it work again if you change the password for that user? Is it an active directory password?

sibrowne
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by sibrowne » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 am

I have a similar setup, with some users upgraded from Vault/Dragnet, some users new to Fortress and one web-only user.

Changing the passwords doesn't seem to help.

The feed seems to work if I use the Admin username and password though.

BigBrett
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am

Post by BigBrett » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:11 pm

We don't use AD so these are our Windows passwords. Changing my password does not make any difference. I can however confirm that setting the feeds to use the admin username and password lets the feed work again.

sibrowne
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by sibrowne » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:36 am

This isn't a good solution for me though, as I don't want to give the admin username and password out to every user!

sibrowne
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by sibrowne » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:32 am

Brett, from reading this thread that you started recently, it looks as though you have got around the problem mentioned here. How did you fix it?

BigBrett
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am

Post by BigBrett » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 am

I simply used the admin settings to get the RSS feed to work. For that other thread I also tried my own settings and I did get it to work (using Fortress 1.1) in IE7 but I have yet to try that in my normal RSS reader.

sibrowne
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by sibrowne » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 am

OK. I wanted to avoid using the admin settings.

We're still on 1.0.6 for now, which I can't get the feeds to work in IE7.
I'll try again when we upgrade to 1.1. Failing that, I'll have to try restarting the service or something like that!

Cheers.

Post Reply