Can't connect to server

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

taras

Can't connect to server

Post by taras » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 am

Good day all.
Can connect to server via Web interface, but GUI and command line tool show next error

Code: Select all

<vault>
  <error>
    <exception>System.Exception: The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Access is denied.
 ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Access is denied.

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32 hr)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._CreateCSP(CspParameters param, Boolean randomKeyContainer, SafeProvHandle& hProv)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.get_PersistKeyInCsp()
   at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.set_PersistKeyInCsp(Boolean value)
   at VaultLib.VaultUserCrypt.EncryptPassword(String strUnencryptedPassword, Byte[] publicKey, Byte[] exponent, String& strEncryptedPassword, String& strRMKey)
   at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.Login(String strURLBase, String strUserLogin, String strPassword)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Login(String urlbase, String username, String password)
   at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(AccessLevelType altCommand, Boolean bAllowAuto, Boolean bSaveSession)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(AccessLevelType altCommand, Boolean bAllowAuto, Boolean bSaveSession)
   at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login()
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)</exception>
  </error>
  <result>
    <success>False</success>
  </result>
</vault>
Can anybody help me?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:09 pm

The first thing to try is using a web browser right on the server. Try this URL and let me know the results: http://localhost/vaultservice.

If you have multiple websites there, then local host might not point there. Try also the machine name and the IP address in place of localhost.
uses a protocol that is not supported by this client
this could be showing a second separate issue that is different than a problem connection. Normally I see that as meaning that the client version and the server version are mismatched.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:20 pm

This could just be a permissions error.
Go to this post and try this first: CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider (CSP) Error

taras

Post by taras » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:26 am

Beth wrote:The first thing to try is using a web browser right on the server. Try this URL and let me know the results: http://localhost/vaultservice.

If you have multiple websites there, then local host might not point there. Try also the machine name and the IP address in place of localhost.
I can properly connecto to the host via Web Browser.
I can properly review repositories on that server.
I can properly ping this server via name and via IP.
I got the same error when use host name and when use IP address.
I can properly login to the server via RemoteDesktop.

Fortress client version is 1.0.5, server version 1.0.4

Access rights on C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys granted to all.

I logged in as domain administrator and memeber of Administrators group on LocalMachine.

Thank you.

taras

Post by taras » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 am

I found solution for this problem.
For all users!!!!
When you remove you windows profile and run stupide forterss on fresh profile all will works. But profile will lost.

I will try to forget this stupide and ugly tool ASAP.
Bye