Fortress 1.0.5 install error 1280 single user mode prob.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

westar

Fortress 1.0.5 install error 1280 single user mode prob.

Post by westar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:26 pm

History First: I am currently running Vault 3.0.7 and Dragnet 1.0.3 on OS MS server 2003 and MS SQL 2000 on server1. On server2 I have done a clean install of MS server 2003 then installed MS SQL server 2005. I did a backup of vault and dragnet from server1 and restored both to server2.

Now I am trying to install Fortress 1.0.5 and during the install I am getting the below message. ( from my fortress_install.log file)

--------
Database 'sgvault' is already open and can only have one user at a time.
Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.
Fortress Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = -1280
Database 'sgvault' is already open and can only have one user at a time.
Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.
Fortress Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = -1280ExitCode on exit: -1280

If you want the entire file let me know. And where to send it.

I have taken the database out of single user mode before install but after running fortress install the vault database gets set back to single user mode each time.

Let me know if you need more info or have any questions. Thanks for the help....

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:52 pm

This is going to need a few more steps to go from Vault 3.0.7 to Fortress. Could you write to me at support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread, and I'll send all the details you need?

Shawn@BCC

Post by Shawn@BCC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm doing the same thing in order to evaluate Fortress 1.1 for work. We currently have Vault 3.1.8 and I'm getting the same error.

Do I also need these extra steps?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:03 pm

Shawn: Your case is going to be slightly different since you are 3.1.8. Try first upgrading to Vault 3.1.9 and Dragnet 1.0.7.

Then uninstall the software from those two (keeping the databases) and install Fortress.

Make sure you have a current backup of your databases.

If you continue to get errors, then send me an email at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.

Shawn@BCC

Post by Shawn@BCC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :-)

If the key is the difference between Vault 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 (we don't have Dragnet), I think I'll just wait until our order request for an upgrade to Vault 4 goes through first.

For the evaluation I won't be uninstalling Vault. Instead I've backed up the sgvault database and then restored it onto a clean server (in a virtual machine), and am installing Fortress on top of that.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:31 am

Scratch that previous post about eval keys. I just found out your live keys have been sent to you I think. If no one seems to have those, then give us a call.