VaultService always installs to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot...

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dist0rti0n

VaultService always installs to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot...

Post by dist0rti0n » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:40 pm

...even if I tell it to install Fortress to a different folder on a different drive, the installer places the VaultService and VaultShadow folders on the C drive. Is there a way to prevent that? Seems like a bug to me...
<a href="http://www.vertagen.com">Vertagen Solutions</a>

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm running a couple of tests on this. Can you tell me which version you are installing?

dist0rti0n

Post by dist0rti0n » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:06 pm

On my setup I created a site in IIS that was rooted on another drive (M:\InetPub\fortress.<mydomain>.com).

Then I selected that site when I was going through the Server installation. Afterwards, when you view the IIS setup, you'll see that it points the Fortress application root to the path on M, but the paths for the Vault folders still go to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\

Thanks!
<a href="http://www.vertagen.com">Vertagen Solutions</a>

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:25 pm

When you installed the base application, had you also picked a different path, or did you leave it at the default. I did two installs. One where I created a new website with a different path, but during the install, when it asked where to stick the application I left it alone, and the second install, I had another new website in a different location, and also told the install to go there. That occurs in the window where you select if you want to install the client or not as well. You can set the path there. Change that path to be the same as your website location.