Lost my users!

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jwarnockhpam

Lost my users!

Post by jwarnockhpam » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:26 pm

This is urgent...

All my users, expect Admin and my account (jwarnock) which both have global rights, can no longer log in. All accounts but admin can no longer be modified. I get the following error when trying to modify the user...

Error
Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

I looked at the SQL tables and the users are there.

Below after the rest of my message is data from the log file.

I updated from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 today and it seemed to be working all right.

I only use global groups... no respository specific groups.

Note, I was messing around with External Adds via the web interface which were giving me exceptions pages. I also renamed the External-user to something more familiar which the docs say you can do. I was trying to name it back to see if somehow external submissions would work when all of this went bad before the rename back could happen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.0.6 keeping the database but that didn't help.

The documentation on External adds, public groups, etc. is very incomplete. I inquired last summer about this and in six month the documentation hasn't improved. Also Search doesn't work in help files.

How do I get my users to work again?
How do I get external submissions to work?
How do I get groups in the public and public/private groups dialog for project tracking to show up?

Thanks,
-Jim

Here jwarnock is trying to modify jwarnock

--1/22/2008 5:00:38 PM sgvaultsystem--()--
System Started
Version 1.0.6.15954
Cache Level = 1
DataBase Buffer Size (KB) = 256
LogFile Path = C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sgvault
Log Level = Quiet
Archive Log = Weekly
ReverseDNS Lookup = True
Maximum HTTP Request Length = 102400
Overwrite Log on Startup = False
Session Timeout = 4320
SGVault Working Directory = C:\WINDOWS\Temp
SGVault Server URL = mail.hpam.com
Identity = NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
----1/22/2008 5:01:36 PM jwarnock--10.94.156.153(10.94.156.153)--SSL Disabled Login
----1/22/2008 5:01:57 PM jwarnock--10.94.156.153(10.94.156.153)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetInt32(Int32 i)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSystem.GetExternalUserID(VaultSqlConn conn)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetExternalUserID()
at VaultService.User.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Here admin is trying to modify jwarnock

----1/22/2008 5:24:24 PM admin--10.94.156.153(10.94.156.153)--SSL Disabled Login
----1/22/2008 5:24:32 PM admin--10.94.156.153(10.94.156.153)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
JMW

egli

Post by egli » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 am

This state has been caused by the following bug. In versions prior to 1.0.5 it was possible to set the external-user to active rather than inactive. This should have been harmless (except for the fact that they now use an extra license, which is unnecessary). In versions after 1.0.5, however, it can cause the behavior you are now seeing. All you need to do is to set the external-user back to inactive. Unfortunately, as you noted, the page to modify users is hosed. Please email support (support at sourcegear dot com) to get a script to set the external-user back to inactive. (People will still be able to log external items, but the login will no longer use a license.)

egli

Re: Lost my users!

Post by egli » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:55 am

jwarnockhpam wrote:How do I get groups in the public and public/private groups dialog for project tracking to show up?
Global groups cannot be used to set Public Access Only permissions. Only project groups for that specific project can. This is by design. If you'd like, i can log a feature request that other groups could be used to set this as well.