Feature Request: new fields

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Gert.Leunen

Feature Request: new fields

Post by Gert.Leunen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:23 am

For now I use custom fields, but now I have none left should I need so in the future, so I suggest to:

- add an "E-mail address" field (required for external users; optional for internal users if the reporter wants to indicate who to contact externally for specific items): this could also be used to send a mail with an activation link that must be clicked before the issue actually appears on our lists (when entered by external users)

- add a "Parent item" field. Maybe we're abusing Fortress, but we also enter features and tasks. Features typically involve several tasks for several developers, so we want to link (group) those tasks to the feature (when adding/modifying the item, a drop down is shown with at least all [open] Features)

- add a link to the duplicated item, when an item is set to Duplicate

- add an "Update bugs" (maybe it's better to call it "Update items") section to the Check Out dialog, which would set the selected items to "In Progress" automatically (if "Mark in progress" is on) , and have it selected by default when checking back in.
Gert Leunen
Software Engineer
R&D International NV

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I have logged a feature request for this functionality.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager