Java callable API Examples?

Examples of programs integrating with Vault and Fortress API. Also, information on integrating with NAnt, CruiseControl.Net and other third-party tools

Moderator: SourceGear

jclausius

Re: Java callable API Examples?

Post by jclausius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm

I don't know how the perl stuff will work, but the method will take two input parameters and one output parameter for the authentication ticket.

1002 is the MantisStatusCode.FailInvalidUser define.

I don't know if you need to do anything in the web service call to help IIS, but your call will create a session. I don't know if you need to do anything on the perl side to work with IIS sessions, but tracking the session id will be required by IIS and Vault Pro/Fortress.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

carlossalas

Post by carlossalas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:52 pm

For now i achieve to get a token (big mess) but the return on the LoginPlainTextResult was a 0 now for all the rest of the services i need a VaultSessionID and im not sure where do i get this value.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 am

IIS assigns one automatically to any web request to a browser. This is handled by a cookie.

You'll need to figure out how to handle cookies and web service calls within Perl or whatever you are using to make the web request.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 am

Here is an interpretation of what happens when using the ItemTrackingOperations class within the API:
  • Operations calls -> InitDragetService()
    • InitDragnetService
    • creates a .NET WebService class from the DragnetWebService definition.
    • Sets the proxy from options on that web service.
    • Creates a cookie handler to handle any cookies sent from IIS on that web service.
    • Sets the URL to the correct server on that web service.
    • Sets the cookie _authHdr for the login token on that web service.
    • Sets the web service's members for VaultAuthValue -> again from the authentication header from login, and set's VaultAuthValue.VaultSessionID to the cookie value of "ASP.NET_SessionId".
  • Next it calls the web service's method AddItem( with the reference to the Mantis Item struct ).
I don't know if that helps you translate things, but ItemTrackingOperations.ProcessCommandAddForFortressItem() is the wrapper function around these operations.

HTH
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear