Rollback

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

joacim

Rollback

Post by joacim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:59 am

I want to rollback all items to a specified label, how should I go about to accomplish that?

shannon

Re: Rollback

Post by shannon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:07 am

Just to make sure I'm answering the right question.....do you really want to commit a rollback or do you just want to do a get of the label and overwrite all the files?

joacim

Post by joacim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 am

I want to make a complete rollback to the state the files where when the label was created. That is both in Vault and in the file folder. All editing and files added after this point will be deleted, so should also all labels created after this point.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:41 am

Unfortunately, this won't be an easy thing to do. Vault doesn't have a concept of "Folder rollback". Even if you roll back the files one-by-one, the history will not really be deleted The old versions contents are checked in as a new version, rolling back the contents of the file, but not the version number. Then, after rolling back all of the files (and deleting any files that were not in the label, as well as undeleting or adding files that were in the label, but aren't in the folder now), you would need to loop over the labels applied to that folder and delete them one-by-one.

If you want to do all that, let us know, and we can start talking about how you would code it.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

joacim

Post by joacim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for your reply Jeremy, and yes, I really need to be able to do all this.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:13 am

Please email support at sourcegear.com ATTN: jeremy with a link to this thread. I'll give you more detailed instructions over email.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog